Join us for a magnificent kayak expedition on the Drava river in northern Croatia. Experience one of the few true wildernesses left in Europe. Once we mount or kayaks we leave civilization behind and head straight in to a great adventure.
Adventure kayaking tour down the Croatian Amazonas, the Drava river, from Legrad to Kopacki Rit for those who enjoy camping and kayaking, and are not afraid of the great outdoors, this is the opportunity! You will paddle moderately some 255 km down the river and explore the surrounding.
Itinerary and details:
Day 1 - arrival to the town of Cakovec, meeting on the parking of the Park Hotel, departure to the river Drava, location Legrad. Bird watching in the Veliki Pazut zoological reservation, with its 15 types of habitats.
Day 2 - early morning trip to the Cep billabong and the oxbow lake of Jeskovo, paddling and bird watching in this serene environment.
Day 3 - a visit to Hlebine, cradle of Croatian naive art, then down the river to the natural lake Cambina and the ancient oak forest of Repas.
Day 4 - paddling and walking are the activities of this day, where the localities of Jelkusa and Kriznica will be explored. The river Drava is going into intensive meanders in this area, not to be seen anywhere from its spring to its mouth.
Day 5 - paddling and exploring from Kriznica to Terezino polje
Day 6 - paddling and exploring from Terezino polje to Budakovec
Day 7 - today's trip is from Budakovec to Podravska Moslavina, with a visit to the ornithological reservation of Podpanj, where 106 nesting species are noted, of which many are rarely nesting in Croatia.
Day 8 - paddling from Podravska Moslavina to Donji Miholjac
Day 9 - paddling from Donji Miholjac to Bistrinci
Day 10 - paddling from Bistrinci to Osijek, free time for sightseeing of Osijek and visiting of the local bathing area
Day 11 - paddling to the national park of Kopacki Rit, which is a flooded area in which the river Danube creates an inner delta with the river Sava in the middle part of it's flow.
In price included:
•kayak Klepper Aerius II or Pouch RZ 85 and paddling equipment (paddle, life jacket, waterproof bags)
•2 meals per day
•local taxes and insurance
•entrance fees in all nature and national parks
•group transfer from and to airport
•CD with professional photographs
•beverages including water and all additional orders in restaurant
•personal sanitary and medical necessities
•any flights and airport taxes
Small changes are possible due to weather conditions or similar problems we can not control.
ABOUT OUR KAYAKS
Klepper Aerius II
These are the legendary kayaks which totaly changed and define our wiev about recreational and expedition kayaking. They suit more for waves on the sea or easy white water. The specialty of Aerius are two air tubes, which makes kayak even more stable and safe.
Pouch RZ 85
The Klepper concurrents. They're even faster, more stable and simple. More suited for flat waters. They are more robust, with lower coaming, more space, but in the waves on the sea they demand a little more.
- Our foldable kayaks are very stable. They hardly overtourne and are the safest on the market.
- Paddling kayak doubles mean that the power is double. Two person paddle just one kayak.
- The bigest point is their construction. They are skin-on type . That means they glide better and with a smaller effort we can reach the cruising speed of aprox 6 km/h. With more power kayak doesn't go faster. So the man and women or the strong and weak are equall.
- Double kayaks are funnier, with more social moments and there's always one who can paddle even if the other is tired. With just 30% of paddling power from the other paddler we can reach the normal cruising speed.
- Open cocpit of our kayaks are overy importante. There's no feeling to be tied in and entrance or exits from or to kayak is a way more simple. All our kayaks has rudder and are easy too steer.
- Loading and unloading of the equipment is very easy and there's enough space even for longer expeditions.